Pomegranate is reddish berry that is about the size of an orange with a thick leathery skin and many seeds with pulpy crimson arils of tart flavor. Are you still wondering how to eat this kind of fruit? The answers are here:
red ripe and ready to eat!
Steps on how to eat a pomegranate:
- First, hold the pomegranate on your hand.
- On top of the pomegranate, sculpt the skin around it to reveals the divisions of seed inside it.
- Then, you can see at least six divisions of seeds inside. Mark the peel of pomegranate as to where the division is.
- Then crack the pomegranate from the inside like you are dividing the orange into halves.
- Now that the pomegranate is in slices, turn back the slice pomegranate and tap the peel using the back of the knife.
- Allow the seeds to fall and segregate it on a bowl.
- When all the seeds are separated away from the skin, now you can enjoy eating the pomegranate seeds.
There are many ways on how to open a coconut. You can open it using a machine, a bolo knife, a hammer or throwing it on the wall. Kidding aside, what I know is the way using a bolo.
Sweet coconut milk
Here are the steps:
- Get a fresh coconut, preferably one that is directly picked from the tree.
- Hold the coconut on the stem and gently slice the hard part of the coconut husk to see the soft part of the husk. In this way, you’ll be able to remove the white coconut husk slowly. You can only take half of it if you want.
- Then, when you see the harder part of the coconut or what we called the shell, slowly crack a small portion of the coconut shell using your bolo and drain the juice out.
- After extracting all the juice out of the coconut, you can now break the coconut in the middle for you to get the white meat inside.
- After breaking the coconut into two, enjoy the white meat inside and drink its sweet juice.
Opening a coconut looks easy but it’s harder as it looks. Here’s an action shot!
Opening a coconut with a big knife