How to Zip a file (and compress it)
First we need to know what is zipping a file. Zipping a file means compressing a large amount of file to make it smaller. So how can we zip a file? In my everyday work, I only use Winzip but there are other software that you can use to zip a file like the free 7zip.
Here are the steps:
- Winzip is one of the common zip file compressor. You need to find a zip file compressor like a Winzip. Install Winzip or 7zip if you don’t have a zip software installed already.
- Go to the folder of the items that you want to zip.
- Then right click and go to Winzip and click add zip to.
- Choose where archive that you will put your zip files.
- Then you need to click add so that the items to be zip will be placed and started to zip the file.
- It will take a little while to zip a file depending on the amount of the files that you want to zip.
- Then you can now see the zipped file on where archive you add it.
Zipping a file is a big help especially in emailing large amount of files such as images.