Uninstall CS3 Mac
If you have currently installed the Adobe Creative Suite 3 prelease software for evaluation purposes, you will need to know how to correctly uninstall the application and all its files before you install the final shipping version of this application.
Before You Uninstall CS3
Since uninstalling this software requires that you perform specific steps in the order that they should be executed, this article attempts to lay down the steps that you will need to follow. Before you uninstall CS3, quit and deactivate CS3 and close all associated open software. Note that you cannot drag CS3 to the Trash folder in Mac OS X in order to uninstall it.
Perform the following tasks in the order outlined:
- Double-click the product installer from the Applications/Utilities/Adobe Installers folder.
- Log in and authenticate your administrator credentials.
- Click the Uninstall Components button and follow the instructions provided on the screen.
- Repeat steps 1 to 3 for each CS3 program or suite that you wish to uninstall.
- To completely eradicate all traces of Adobe CS3, it is recommended that you delete all of your preferences files. To do so, navigate to the Users//Library/Preferences folder and delete all files and folders that have CS3 in their names.
- Navigate to the Library/Application Support/Adobe folder and delete all files and folders that have CS3 in their names.
The above steps should successfully uninstall your Adobe CS3 application. You can now go ahead and install the full and final shipping version of Adobe CS3 if you want to.
Possible Cleanup using Adobe CS5 Cleaner Tool
However, in the case that your Adobe CS3 application has not been successfully installed, you may need to use the Adobe CS5 Cleaner Tool. Or, if while installing the full shipping version, you are not prompted for the serial number, it would mean that the prerelease version has not been correctly uninstalled. In this case too, you will need to use the Adobe CS5 Cleaner Tool.
To clean up your mac post-uninstall leftover Adobe CS3 files, run the Adobe CS5 Cleaner Tool. This tool helps resolve installation problems for Adobe Creative Suite 5, Adobe Creative Suite 4, and Adobe Creative Suite 3 software. You can download this tool from the internet.
Perform the following steps to run the CS5 Cleaner Tool on Mac OS X:
- Download the Adobe CS5 Cleaner Tool for Mac.
- Mount the MacCS5CleanupUtility.dmg file as Adobe CS5 Cleaner Tool by double-clicking it.
- Double-click Adobe Creative Suite Cleanup. Complete the script by following the prompts. You might be prompted to provide your administrator password.
- Accept the Adobe End-User License Agreement.
- At this point you will see a pop-up menu that displays the version(s) of Adobe Creative Suite(s) that are installed on your system. If you have only one version installed, this menu will display that one version.
- Choose the version that you want to remove and select the product from the table that is displayed. Alternatively, if you want to clean up all products, select the Clean All.
- Click the Cleanup button. The script completes its tasks.
- Click Quit to exit the tool
- You need to restart your system once you’ve completed running the Adobe CS5 Cleaner Tool.