If you have an iPod Touch or an iPhone, it’s now easier than ever to sync with your Google Calendar. Before I was using NuevaSync which is a great service that’s free and works with Google Calendar, Google Contacts, and Plaxo. But now you can sync directly through Google as long as your iPod has firmware 2.2 or higher. Here’s how…
First of all, back everything up that you need to. Upload any contacts or calendars from your phone to your computer because the iPod will delete them all during setup. It’s kind of annoying, but it’s great once you’re synced up. I went through this process myself and everything went smoothly.
Here’s the link to the official Google page from where I took these instructions and pictures: Setting up Google Sync with your iOS device
1. Open the Settings application on your device’s home screen.
2. Open Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
3. Tap Add Account….
4. Select Microsoft Exchange.
Enter Account Info
5. In the Email field, enter the name of the account (anything you’d like).
6. Leave the Domain field blank.
7. Enter your full Google Account email address as the Username.
8. Enter your Google Account password as the Password.
9. Tap Next at the top of your screen.
10. A new Server field will appear. Enter m.google.com.
11. Press Next at the top of your screen again.
12. Select the Google services you want to sync. Currently only Contacts and Calendarare supported.
Make sure that you have uploaded your data before proceeding.
13. Press Sync twice when warned about data loss.
You’ve set up Google Sync for your iPhone. Synchronization will begin automatically if you have Push enabled on your phone. You can also open the Calendar or Contacts app and wait a few seconds to start a sync.