You need to consider which features you are going to need and which you can do without when debating how to choose a food processor. There are different models of food processors with different attachments which naturally come with different prices. When it comes to the question how to choose a food processor, it is not a question of which one is better or less expensive. If you are going to use only a few features, it makes no sense to pay top bucks for a far more sophisticated machine.
What are you going to need your food processor for?
The utility of the machine is a major point to consider about how to choose the best food processor. A food processor slices, chops, grates, blends, mashes, purees, kneads and perform many other functions. With extra attachments, it can perform functions like making juice or liquefying. So, when you think, how to choose a food processor, first you will have to decide why you need one at all. The level of your usage will largely influence your decision.
The features to consider
How to choose a food processor? Obviously you need to choose the features to decide on which model you want.
Some features of importance are:
- The number of bowls will be one answer to how to choose a food processor. Depending on your level of usage, you will require different number of cups. Models come containing seven to fourteen cups or bowls. If you cook a moderate amount of food, a seven bowl model is enough. But if you are into large scale cooking you will need a machine with more number of bowls.
- The type of speed and control is another consideration about how to choose a food processor. The basic food processors have two speeds. These are on and pulse. The pulse features helps to deliver brief bursts of activity. The result is that food like onion or boiled eggs are cut finely instead of being mashed. There are other speed options available in the more expensive models but these two will be enough for your purpose.
- The size is another consideration in how to choose a food processor. You need to keep factors like the space available in your kitchen and the size of the machine that you require for your use in mind while choosing the food processor.
- Another feature which contributes towards how to choose a food processor is the size of the feed tube. Wider it is, less will you have to cut the food to put into the machine. Less pre-cutting means less work for you. So, a bigger feed tube will be convenient.
- The level of sound may be another influence on how to choose a food processor. The basic models using lighter motors tend to be more noisy. If you want to eliminate the noise, you will have to opt for a more expensive model.
- One of the most important things to consider in how to choose a food processor is the safety features that it has. Do not try to save money by dispensing with one of these features. So, pay attention to such facts as whether the bowl and the top properly locks on to one another. It is best to get a model which does not start till all the interlocking parts are properly in place.
- Like any other machine, you should check things like the warranty period, policy of repair, maintenance and replacement of parts. This is vital step in how to choose a food processor.
This article was written by Clare, owner of eFoodProcessorReviews – an excellent resource for food processor reviews, like the Braun Multiquick 3 K650 review.