The easiest way to display new comments first in a WordPress post is to change some discussion settings.
I have highlighted the discussion settings you need to pay attention to.
- Log into your WordPress admin
- Under “Settings” click on “Discussion”
- Under “Other Comment Settings” check the box in front of “Break comments into pages…”
- For the first drop down box select “first” and for the second drop down box select “newer”
- Hit save, you’re all done!
Here’s what’s happened to me recently. I have a form on a website with a textbox. I wanted to have predefined default text in the box (like ‘Enter Your ID Number’) but have it disappear when the cursor clicks the box. I originally used onFocus=”clear_textbox()” but that stopped working. So I then changed it to onclick=”this.value=”; and it works like a charm! Here’s working example (minus the submit button):
And here’s a code example:
<form name=”text_form” id=”text_form”>
<input name=”userid” type=”text” onclick=”this.value=”;” value=”Enter Your ID Number” size=”25″/>
<input type=”submit” value=”Set ID” />