svchost.exe 100% CPU usage and then my PC crashes (Solution)
Holy crap… my computer has been FREAKING out this week and I have no idea why. So I did the alt+ctr+delete and took a look at the running processes. svchost.exe was going crazy and using 99-100% of my CPU all the time! If I clicked on end task it would come back a few minutes later… not to mention the beautiful look of Windows XP got messed up after I ended the task (and you know how everybody wants their Windows to look slick). So I did some searching and searching and searching and tried many different things…
Here’s why svchost was using so much of my CPU. The culprit is Windows Update! I had automatic updates on and svhost would flip out.
Here’s what didn’t work for me:
* I tried to do Windows Update manually. My computer just froze up, nothing would happen after a few minutes, my PC got really hot.
* I tried a patch from Microsoft, but I didn’t bookmark it. I also read this…
Link: Microsoft Support
Description: FIX: When you run Windows Update to scan for updates that use Windows Installer, including Office updates, CPU utilization may reach 100 percent for prolonged periods
Here’s what I did…
Part 1 of the svchost fix
Correct Services Setup
1. Click Start -> Run, type “services.msc” (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.
2. Double click the service “Automatic Updates”.
3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option “Local System Account” is selected and the option “Allow service to interact with desktop” is unchecked.
4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.
5. Click on the tab “General ” and make sure the “Startup Type” is “Automatic”. Then please click the button “Start” under “Service Status” to start the service.
6. Repeat the above steps with the other service: Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS)
Part 2 of the svchost fix
Re-register Windows Update components and Clear the corrupted Windows Update temp folder.
1. Click on Start and then click Run,
2. In the open field type “REGSVR32 WUAPI.DLL” (without quotation marks) and press Enter.
3. When you receive the “DllRegisterServer in WUAPI.DLL succeeded” message, click OK.
4. Please repeat these steps for each of the following commands:
Part 3 of the svchost fix
After the above steps are finished, since temporary folder of Windows Update may be corrupted, we can refer to the following steps to rename this folder so a new one will be created.
1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window. “net stop WuAuServ” (note, you might need to reboot before the net stop command will work… I did not have to reboot)
2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.
3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to SDold.
4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.
net start WuAuServ
If you have an iPod Touch or an iPhone, it’s now easier than ever to sync with your Google Calendar. Before I was using NuevaSync which is a great service that’s free and works with Google Calendar, Google Contacts, and Plaxo. But now you can sync directly through Google as long as your iPod has firmware 2.2 or higher. Here’s how…
First of all, back everything up that you need to. Upload any contacts or calendars from your phone to your computer because the iPod will delete them all during setup. It’s kind of annoying, but it’s great once you’re synced up. I went through this process myself and everything went smoothly.
1. Open the Settings application on your device’s home screen.
2. Open Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
3. Tap Add Account….
4. Select Microsoft Exchange.
Enter Account Info
5. In the Email field, enter the name of the account (anything you’d like).
6. Leave the Domain field blank.
7. Enter your full Google Account email address as the Username.
8. Enter your Google Account password as the Password.
9. Tap Next at the top of your screen.
10. A new Server field will appear. Enter m.google.com.
11. Press Next at the top of your screen again.
12. Select the Google services you want to sync. Currently only Contacts and Calendarare supported.
Make sure that you have uploaded your data before proceeding.
13. Press Sync twice when warned about data loss.
You’ve set up Google Sync for your iPhone. Synchronization will begin automatically if you have Push enabled on your phone. You can also open the Calendar or Contacts app and wait a few seconds to start a sync.
You will discover numerous guides about how to exactly make the best pictures and print them. You should read the following paragraphs to get some good tips that will help you to create quality photographs and increase your artistic ability. First of all, you need a good printer to print your pictures. You can take a look at this site: sublimation web. Otherwise, if you need to print them on some particular surface, you may find here some sublimation printing solutions.
Now some solutions to create high quality photos:
1) Get close to your subject as you have to. Getting closer lets you catch more details and makes the picture better.
2) Choose the effect you want to obtain: don’t attempt to include too many objects into the picture. Concentrate yourself about just one object. This could be a person, an animal or a landscape. Focus your attention about a single particular.
3) A good way to boost your photography skills would be to take inspiration by studying the project of other photographers. By studying the photos taken by other photographers, you will be inspired and reminded of all alternative methods and points of view.
4) Make your arms near to your sides when you hold the camera. This will minimize shaking and prevent blurry shots.
5) This one is a very important tip that can help you to improve your photo’s quality! Take a lot of pictures when you’re in places you’ve never been before! When you’re in a new place everything will seem more original and magic for you.
6) Less is more in terms of your photos: simplicity is more beautiful, so don’t try to create too many “innovative” shots. Sometimes a picture of a flower is the best thing.
9) Take time to read and understand the manual that is included with your camera.Manuals are often full of useful informations. It is possible to obtain better photographs because you’ll avoid simple errors and improve your skill.
This article has outlined tips that can improve your abilities. You should now be ready to begin taking pictures. Always try to find methods to improve your skills.
Youtube runs fine in Firefox and Internet Explorer, but I mainly use Google Chrome (I’m currently using Version 28.0.1500.72 m) and Youtube is running really slow for me. If I pause the video, buffering seemed to pause too. The solution I found was to go into my Youtube account and disable or opt-out of the “HTML5 Trial” by going here http://www.youtube.com/html5. I have posted a screenshot below to help you know what to look for.
Having somebody add me as a user to Google Analytics keeps throwing this error “The specified account is being migrated. You may user this account instead: …. @gtempaccount.com” but I thought my account was migrated a few years ago.
I found the solution on the Google support forums.To fix this problem I logged into the Temp account but I was prompted to merge it with an account. Instead of merging or moving any details, I changed my password, I then verified there was no existing data I needed from that account, and then I deleted the account. I then had somebody add my @domain.com (Google Apps for domains account) again as an Analytics user and it worked successfully!
Sometimes pages don’t load for me in Google Chrome. Other times a window or tab will be stuck at “Downloading proxy script” for up to 30 seconds before the website loads. After searching around I found the solution that Erik shared.
If Google Chrome seems to take a long time to load a website or search, it may be configured to acccess pages through a web proxy. Check whether the “Resolving proxy” message appears in the lower-left corner of the browser window.
Follow these steps to change your proxy setting (for Windows):
Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
Click Show advanced settings.
In the “Network” section, click Change proxy settings. This will open the Internet Properties dialog.
Click LAN settings .
Deselect the “Automatically detect settings” checkbox.
If you’re using Internet Explorer you can also change the settings by doing this:
IE menu -> Internet Options -> Connections -> Lan Settings
Deselect the “Automatically detect settings” checkbox.
Here’s an image of the settings page.
Here’s an image of the Google Chrome screen while waiting to load the proxy script.
Bitcoin is the first decentralized digital currency. It is a digital coin that you can send or
trade through the internet with your computer or smartphone locally or internationally
without a compromising financial institution. It is based on an open-source, peer to peer
internet and nobody owns it. The rise of bitcoin has developed media frenzy.
Since the beginning of 2013, the value of bitcoin has risen by 631% which is
denominated in dollars. Plenty of people think that means good news but the company
will not make it easy for you to “short” or bringing down its value if you’re one of these
bitcoin bears. We will discuss here some tips on how to short bitcoins if it necessary.
A picture of Bitcoins
Using a currency pair is the common way to short a currency like for example EUR
and USD, where the value of a euro denominated in dollars are trade as a single unit.
Here is an example to make it clearly; if the euro was trading at USD1.3000, you would
“borrow” a currency pair from your broker that you need to return within a certain period
of time, and sell it on the open market, taking $1.30. If after about an hour the trading of
EUR/USD is at $1.2950, you can buy the currency pair at that price and return it to your
broker, earning a profit of $0.0050. But make sure you won’t get wrong, because if you
do, you lose out.
Other two notable ways to short bitcoins are through a) ICBIT where it allows traders to make bets using futures. With this, you can make profit without buying the actual
bitcoins themselves because futures contracts can be bought and sold. ICBIT also allows
you to trade commodities in bitcoins such as oil. b) Bitfinex, a Hong Kong based bitcoin
exchange, allows ordinary bitcoin holders to act like brokers and lend bitcoins to those
who want to trade them.
If you like this article, feel free to donate 0.1 Bitcoins to help keep the site alive!
If you have visited the beach recently, chances are you brought back a bag or two of collected seashells. Seashells are a wonderful natural craft material, available in a wide variety of shapes, colors and sizes. You can use some of your seashells to create beautifully decorated flower pots to use on your patio or inside your home. This craft is easy to do, inexpensive and will produce beautiful results. You might even want to make some extra seashell flower pots to give as gifts.
Materials You Will Need
Terra cotta flower pots (larger pots are easier to decorate)
Assorted seashells (smaller sea shells tend to work best)
Packaged grout mix
Spoon, old butter knife, or wooden Popsicle sticks
Several soft cloths
Acrylic or polyurethane sealant
Applying the Seashells
Protect your table or work surface with old newspapers or an old vinyl tablecloth. Lay your shells out so that you can see the colors, sizes and shapes that you have. Affix the seashells to the surface of the terra cotta pot using tile adhesive, arranging them in a visually pleasing fashion. You can arrange them in a specific pattern, or simply create a random design. Once you’ve applied the larger shells, you can fit smaller shells or shell pieces in between to create a more interesting look. Allow the tile adhesive to dry completely overnight or according to the package directions.
Applying the Grout
Mix up a batch of grout according to the package directions, using an old bowl or disposable container. Use an old spoon, butter knife or wooden Popsicle sticks to work the grout down in between the shells. Be sure to fill in all the cracks and crevices so that the shells are secured to the flower pot. If necessary to create an attractive look or smoother finish, you can cover some of your shells completely with the grout. Allow the grout to set up for approximately 10 to 20 minutes, or the time specified on the package. Use a damp sponge or a damp cloth to carefully wipe away the excess grout, exposing the shell surfaces. Be careful while wiping off the grout so that you don’t knock any of the seashells off the pot. Continue wiping the excess grout until you like the look of your flower pot. You can either expose most of the seashell surfaces or leave them covered with more grout, depending on the look you are going for. Be careful not to remove too much of the grout from between the shells while wiping. Once you are happy with the look, let the grout dry for 24 hours, or the amount of time specified on the grout package. Use a soft dry cloth to remove any grout haze from the exposed surface of the shells. Use a paint brush to apply an acrylic or polyurethane sealant to the entire outside surface of the flower pot. If you plan to display your seashell flower pot outdoors, make sure the sealant you use is recommended for exterior use.
People experiencing tax issues such as audits, tax debt, or accusations of tax evasion and fraud may underestimate the importance of understanding how to choose the right tax attorney. But if you are having trouble with the IRS, ignoring the problem will only lead to more fees and more problems such as fines, interest charges, liens on homes or businesses, wage garnishment, and even imprisonment. You have worked hard for what you have, which is why you need to understand how to choose the right tax attorney to deal with your financial concerns.
There are two types of tax attorneys that you will encounter- those who specialize in tax law, and those who are in general practice but also do tax law. Choosing a tax attorney who specializes in tax law is the best way to ensure that your interests are properly represented. You will want to start by finding out about your attorney’s professional reputation by talking to former clients. You will also want to check with your state’s bar association and the IRS to ensure that your tax attorney is in good standing.
When you are wondering how to choose the right tax attorney, it’s almost a given that the fee charged by a tax attorney is going to be an important consideration. The simple truth is that good legal reputation doesn’t come cheap, but it can often be far less expensive than the alternative. Before you begin working with any attorney, he or she should tell you how much they will charge in terms of hourly rate, and they may even give you an estimate of what the total case will likely cost. Be sure to think about what you will need to do to pay the bills before you agree to using a particular attorney. You may want to talk to several local tax attorneys to find out what their fees generally are, and you will also want to find out which attorneys offer a payment arrangement that you can work with. In most cases, your tax attorney will require a “retainer”, which is like a down payment for work that will be done. Some attorneys will charge only a fixed or flat rate, but this is usually only true of simple cases that will not require significant amounts of research or court time. There are also some tax attorneys that will work on a contingency, which means that they will collect a percentage of the money you are awarded or the amount you save in addition to court costs, fees, and other charges.
Another important consideration on how to choose the right tax attorney is determining whether his or her personality will work with yours. You will want to be sure that you can clearly communicate with him or her, and feel that he or she will do their best to represent you. While choosing a tax attorney can be a little bit scary, it is also the best thing that you can do to protect yourself when dealing with tax issues.
The first step to downloading music with Limewire is to download the Limewire installation file off of limewire free download and saving the file to your computer.
Once you have your installation file on your computer you can double click on it and it will begin the installation and setup process.
The first window will ask your where you want to install it just leave it how it is and click next. Select a folder to put your downloaded files and then click Install. The program should now be installed and you can see it on the desktop and start menu, so start it up!
When you first open Limewire you will see several tabs at the top such as Search, Downloads, Playlist, etc. The one you want to click on is Search. When you are there you will see a input box on the left where you can type in what you want to search for, try putting in an album or song name, and click the search button.
After waiting a few seconds for search results to come up, look through the results and choose a music file that looks like what you are searching for, and double click on it. You have started the music download and you can check the progress by clicking up on the Download tab.
When you are at the download screen you should see your music file pending download or starting to download. Wait for it to finish – it shouldn’t take more than a couple minutes, and then you will be able to listen to the music. You can even preview the song while it is still downloading.
Now that you music file is downloaded, you can copy it over to your iPod or music listening device using the drag and click method and listen to your music that you downloaded off of Limewire where ever you go!